My current running shoes

6:32 AM

These are my current shoes. They're Merrell Stormfront GTX (click for a review) shoes from 2005 or so with new SofSole Adapt insoles.


I bought them in 2005, but shelved them because I couldn't make them comfortable. However, since I pretty much keep all my old shoes (don't judge me, I KNOW lots of you people do the same thing), I kept these around and figured I would try them with new insoles. THAT was the trick! These things are now some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn! Plus, they have Gore Tex without much bulk. Just perfect for me.

I've run in them on trails and the road, and they feel great on both. Unfortunately, Merrell doesn't make them any more, but it does show (to me, at least) what a big difference insoles can make.

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »